Monday, November 26, 2012

Recreating Cameras and Lights in Maya

This was hard. It seemed like no matter what I did, it wanted to highlight the side of the object. I think the main issue is that I'm not getting bounce light.



Here's the photo I referenced...

I tried a second time. Here's the photo...
 I think I got the lighting angles fairly accurate, but it seemed that no matter what I did, the object wasn't lighting properly. Turns out, the polygons aren't properly divided on the model, so light doesn't hit it correctly. Even though it's backlit, I was getting a highlight on the front. I made some sloppy adjustments to the polygons to lose the highlight, but I think it's not getting proper bounce light because of this issue.
Here's the other angle (forgot to do this with the first attempt).

No comments:

Post a Comment